Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Yam L'Yam & Haifa

This past week, I took part in Yam L'Yam, which is a hike from sea to sea. We started in the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) and ended at the Mediterranean. This hiking adventure lasted for five days. During these five days, we slept in tents, learned survival skills, cooked our own food, and ate a lot a lot of matzah (since it was Pesach). I also learned how to use nature as your bathroom and what it feels like fr not showering for a full week. That was definitely not my favorite part. I had a lot of fun though, and I even made friends with our cooks! One night, my friends Alexa, Sarah, and I helped chop up some vegetables, which were then used to make a delicious tomato soup. After the five days were up, we all spent two days I. Haifa. There, we stayed in a cute motel. Since there was not enough room for all 85 of us, the girls stayed at one place and the boys stayed at another. The room o stayed in was awesome because it was a suite that I shared with seven other girls, several being close friends. The weather on Haifa was beautiful both days we were there. The first day, we just hung our and rested, since everyone was exhausted from the hike. That night we went to a synagogue for services. It was kind of funny how at the service it was all EIE kids plus a few others, who are members of the synagogue. The second day, we went to the Baha'i Gardens. This was my second time being there, except this time we couldn't walk down the whole thing because our group is too big. I wasn't too upset about it since I've already seen it. Before we made our way back to Tzuba, we stopped at an Arab village near by. That was a very different experience. A little intimidating at times because all of the shop keepers would do everything they could to get you to buy something from them. By the end of our time in the Arab village, everyone was eager to get back to Tzuba. When we were finally pulling in, my entire bus was cheering, including myself. If felt super good to finally be back and to settle into our new rooms. We got new roommates, and I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I like whose in my room. Coincidence how one of them happens to be my best friend's (from home) cousin. It's hard to believe that I have already been in this amazing place for two months. Looking forward to last two months and the experiences and adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment