Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pesach !חג שמח

After spending about five days at Goldstein Youth Village, I spent my Passover Seder with all of my cousins and two friends, Jamie and Alexa. The Seder was at my cousin Katriel's house, in Givat Zev. All of my cousins, except for two, were packed into that small house. It was extremely chaotic with of the screaming in Hebrew and rushing to get all of the food ready for dinner. But, this Seder was definitely an awesome experience. Although it was a few hours longer than what I'm used to, Alexa, Jamie, and I had a blast. We all sat around the table eating, telling stories, laughing, and eating some more. I'm pretty sure that I ate my body weight in food. Gotta love homemade Jewish cooking! The funniest thing that happened, is that by the end of the Seder, almost everyone had fallen asleep face down on the table. We were all exhausted and passed out as soon as we hit the bed. What made it so special was being around family that I don't see often, and the fact that my friends loved being around them. Since Passover in Israel is like Shabbat, we couldn't drive anywhere so we had a really restful day and was able to catch up on sleep. Tomorrow we are up bright and early and start Yam L'Yam! We will be hiking from sea to sea over a span of five days. I'm super excited, since I've never actually been hiking before. It will be one more awesome experience to add to my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment