Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First Full Day

Today was my first full day of school.  We started at 8:15 am and ended at 7:15 pm. Wow.  What a long day it was.  Luckily, I didn't get a lot of homework tonight, so I didn't feel as stressed as I have felt the previous days, or as other kids did.  I know that it is going to take some time to get used to my new schedule and these long days, but I will before I know it.  One thing that frustrates me a little, is that everyone has the same three hours at the end of the day (8ish-11) to do all of their homework and studying, so everyone gathers at the same places, which makes it noisy and difficult to focus.  For example, today, everyone was in the Belmont (hotel lobby) using the wifi and I couldn't get on the internet to do my homework.  It took me a few minutes to realize that this is how it is going to be so I had to figure out a way to get my work done.  I guess that is just another thing that I am going to have to get used to.  Overall, I had a pretty fulfilling day, and I can't wait until I get into a full routine.  Once I do, I know that I will be able to enjoy myself even more than I am now.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are adapting well to change. Hope you have time to breathe and enjoy all that is happening. I am looking forward to reading more.
    Love you and wishing you wonderful experiences,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete