Saturday, January 5, 2013

About My Blog

As most of you know, I am spending a semester (4 months) of my junior year in Israel, through the program NFTY-EIE.  This is going to be my fourth time going to this beautiful place I am going to get to call home.  I leave for Israel January 27th and will return May 31st.  While in Israel, I will be staying on Kibbutz Tzuba, fifteen minutes from Jerusalem.  I will be living with about ninety other kids my age.  I've been talking with several of the kids for a few months, and I can already tell that they are all awesome and that I'm really going to enjoy living with them.  As of today (January 5, 2013), I have twenty-one days left in New York.  There are no words to describe my feelings of excitement, curiosity, nervousness, etc.  I decided to make this blog so that all of you were able to see what I'm up to, as a way to stay connected with me.  On my blog, I will post journal-type entries, some with pictures, about my daily or weekly adventures.  I cannot wait to get started on this once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I am extremely grateful that I have been given this opportunity. 

If you want to learn more about the program, click here

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma,
    Wanted you to know I am enjoying your blog and I am so happy you are having such a great time. I am so glad you are giving me this opportunity. Continue being happy and safe. Can't wait to see you at Ben's Party. I fear, from your blog, you wil be even more grown up then last summer. I couldn't take that then, I don't know what nI will do this time (lol). Take care.
    Love,
    Stacie (cousin)

    ReplyDelete