Friday, February 8, 2013


So some of you have been asking about what my typical day is so I am going to tell you starting from the minute I wake up. Right now, I am currently sitting in the cafe/Belmont Hotel lobby.  This is one of the places on the kibbutz that has the best wifi and where I can do my homework.  So here is my schedule...

7:00 am- Wake up.  At this time, the madrichim (counselors) come around to every room and wake us up.  Personally, I like to be up before the madrichim come to wake us up, so I set my alarm for 6:50 am.  This gives me time to lay in bed for a little bit, and really wake myself up, before I have to drag myself to breakfast. 

7:45 am- Breakfast.  We all eat in the Chadar Ochel, the dinning hall, which we share with the residents who live on the kibbutz all year.  The only downside to that, is finding a place to sit, since it gets really crowded.  They have a lot of options to eat, such as hummus, pita, eggs, salad, vegetables, etc.  It's absolutely delicious! 

8:15 am- Jewish History class.  This is by far my toughest class.  It is a 3 hour class, fun-packed with teachings from over 4000 years of Jewish history.  It's definitely going to take some time to get used the long class time, but I already have a bit, so I know that I will be okay.  I usually am not a fan of history class, but this class is the exception.  I am starting to become more interested in the specific history of Israel and Judaism, because it is a topic that I don't talk/ learn about often.  

11:15 am- Hebrew Class.  So far, this is my favorite class.  I absolutely love my teacher, Ella.  Just like me, she doesn't like homework or tests.  The other cool thing about her and this class is that, we are going to go out of our classroom, such as the Belmont Hotel, to interact with the Israelis and to practice the hebrew we learn in class.  So far, we have learned some phrases like "How are you?" and "Where are you from?"  I am really proud of myself because Hebrew is a really challenging language to learn and I am doing really well.  I can't wait until I can start to hold a conversation.

1:05pm-7:15 pm- General Studies. This is the time that I have all of the classes that I would take at home.  These classes include: Physics, English, Algebra II Trig, Spanish 4H, and US History.  I truly like all of my teachers, and love the fact that the classes are no more than ten kids.  In these settings, I feel that I will succeed with flying colors.  

7:15 pm- Dinner time.  Right after my seventh period class, my friends and I run to the dinning hall, to make sure that we get food before the dinning hall closes.  The food is absolutely delicious, which usually makes me even more hungry, but I know that once I get there, I will be satisfied.  

7:45 pm- Group time.  This is when our groups meet for a few minutes to talk about the upcoming events in the days/weeks to come.  

8:00 pm-11:00 pm- Free time.  During these three hours, is when we all get our homework and studying done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment